This week’s guest is author, consultant, speaker, mentor and curiosity charged connector, Nicole Yershon.
Since starting her career in advertising at aged nineteen, Nicole has been forging the path of change, driving digital disruption inside traditional ad agencies and beyond.
Hired to initiate innovation at advertising institution Ogilvy & Mather Group, her lab inspired innovation across brands such as Amex, IBM, BP, Selfridges, Unilever, and British Airways.
With an Amazon bestseller, Rough Diamond, to her name, Nicole recently launched her innovation consultancy NYC – Nicole Yershon Collective – to help organizations embrace radical digital transformation, through her experience, her ‘why not’ attitude and ability to translate business problems into innovation opportunities and real business value.
In this episode Nicole is joined by her collective partner, John Caswell, who’s helping businesses solve their big gnarly problems by thinking visually, using a technique he has designed called Structured Visual Thinking
I hope you enjoy the maverick thinking of Nicole Yershon and John Caswell.
What we discuss:
- Nicole’s East End of London upbringing
- The influence and impact of her parents on her thick-skin
- The influence of Dave Trott or the ‘School of Trott’
- Her ‘fixing’ attitude
- Her journey to digital transformation at Ogilvy
- Her accountability model
(Revenue, Retention, Reputation, Responsibility, Recruitment, and Relationship)
- Her approach to serendipity and alchemy
- Say principle of ‘we do as we say and do as we say’
- The end of her advertising career
- How her integrity impacted on her journey to success
- Her fearless manifesto
- The importance of curiosity
- The importance of knowing yourself
- Her integrity
- How John solves business problems
- Wolfram on teaching computational thinking
- The art of writing business exam questions
- How they forensically mine businesses to find solutions
- What they’d do with the keys to No 10 Downing Street or the White House
- Their principles
- Their hard choices
- Their Impossible advice
- The books they recommend
Connecting on Social
John Caswell – Group Partners
Links in show
Sir Ronald Cohen
Dave Trott Books